reminders and listening...for the new year

Today is New Year's Day. Happy New Year!

Here is a picture of my popular reminder stones. The pile below includes the racial justice stones I make to remind me of my commitment to show up for change, a wish for equality, that I will act for change, and hope to inspire others to act too.  There is also a BKAG stone in that pile for Boston Knapsack Anti-Racism Group that I am a part of, and peace signs.


My sister told me about this Chinese character today: listen. It comes from the 5 other words/characters shown in the image below. It is a good reminder about what it takes to truly listen, including undivided attention and you, a good reminder for all interactions when we want to learn and grow.

What do you want to remind yourself to do this coming year?